Thursday, April 19, 2012

What's your biggest fear?
Never did I have a single answer to this simple question as a child!
I had three biggest fears of my life, and they still are my biggest fears. Interestingly enough, I get to face all three of them every Tuesdays and Thursdays of each week!

Let me start off by listing them:

1. An elevator/lift.
2. A bridge that crosses over a river or any kind of water body below it!
3. Trains!!

Each of them give me a heart quake each time, because they all have a story behind!

I. ELEVATOR

What's up with the elevator?

When I was about 5-6 years old, I was a TV addict, and had to watch anything that was on it. So, obviously my parents would watch the news frequently enough to get to my notice. Once I saw a news that a man was in an elevator and tried to give way to someone else whilst the elevator's doors were closing, and he got stuck and died as the door did not function properly and did not open on the right time, and the elevator just went down!!!

This scared the hell out of already. Fortunately, I had to visit a family friend's house the same evening. IN AN ELEVATOR.
What's next? Of course!! I was stuck in it! My mom and dad went out, and I was so scared to come out of the door that I just stood back like a loser, and the doors closed - Leaving me alone in the elevator. My parents noticed that I am not with them when they saw the doors closing.

Now, This is the most idiotic part, those 10mins in that elevator seemed like 10 years, my parents were screaming from the end of the building, "PRESS G NIMRA PRESS GGGG" (meaning Ground Floor)
And wow..I didn't even know my alphabets properly! :D

Somehow it stopped on some floor and I went and rang a door bell and that man (In his night suit and shaving cream on his face) helped me get back in the elevator and pressed that annoying G (My lifesaver) for me.

When I came out from that elevator, I was feeling like a proud soldier. However, I am not that lucky now, and each time I get into the elevator of my university, I think to myself "I don't want to get stuck again."

It's been 16-17 years and I STILL GET GOOSEBUMPS! :'(

II. THE BRIDGE OVER A RIVER! 


OMG,  I don't even feel like talking about it. I so badly want to puke!
I've not only heard stories about people falling and dying from such bridges, but I've had friends who's siblings and relatives have died!
In addition, how about the bridges that have cars passing by them, and they VIBRATE!!! EEEEKKSS!!

And you can see the water right below you...

No! NOT MY CHOICE.

III. THE TRAIN

Ok, honestly, the only reason that I am so freaked about trains is because of all those news stories. But, when I was in Pakistan and had to travel back and forth from Karachi to Lahore...it wasn't THAT BAD AT ALL.
But the trains in Illinois and Chicago...well..maybe it is not the trains, but the people in them! :S
I mean, you just sit with a man who may be drunk, or an older woman laughing non stop on her texts and you feel like killing her!

Solution? Headphones and songs. Problem? I don't WANT to listen to songs.

Moving on to the "quiet car" where no one is allowed to talk. Personally, to me it seems like a mummy returns 2012. Imagine seeing white people sitting motionless and not speaking a single word. And if some person commits the sin of speaking by chance, the entire car goes like "SShhhhh...You're in a quite car." *Whispers*

NO WAY am I going to sit in that QUIET CAR ever again because that silence is damn loud:@

So, What's my biggest fear?
Not a single answer yet :(

No comments:

Post a Comment